Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm still alive

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post to this thing. Just so everyone who used to ready this knows I'm still alive.

I've been avoiding my blog because frankly it's been a really crappy summer without much good to say. Simply, my Dad who is in his mid 50's, has late stage ALS. If you are not sure what it is, google it. For some reason it's hard to type the explanation, but I can explain the cruelty of it calmly to people in real life. That makes no sense, but there you have it.

I'm slowly coming around to normality again, the weather is changing and I now do have knitting and things to share that are not bad. I figure I'd just get the poo out of the way so we can start this blog up over again.

8 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Oh, Sherry. I'm so sorry about your Dad. We have a family friend with ALS, and it sucks. (((hugs)))

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

One of my great uncles had the same thing--so yeah, suckage duly noted. It sounds trite, but hang in there!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

We love you Sherry.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're back to posting and to knitting. Hopefully they can be temporary respites for you during this really tough time. Hugs!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sherry, I'm sorry about your dad. I'm happy to see you're getting back to your knitting.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger EmilyG said...

I'm so sorry, Sherry. Hugs.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Robin said...

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Hugs and good thoughts. I know what ALS is, and I wish you and your family strength.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home