Monday, May 05, 2008

sheepie wool

I hardly ran into ANYONE I was hoping to see.I went to the Ravelry meetup, just after the buttons ran out. I fully suspect people where actually hiding from me. I guess everyone went early and took off. I saw ArtsyGal, but she didn't even recognize me from the Philly Meetup. *sniff sniff*

Anyway, I was exceptionally controlled this year.

100_5218.JPG

* A large roving by Dudleyspinner that may have every color under the sun in it
* 2 skeins of Colinette Banyan cotton
* A Bosworth featherweight canary wood spindle
* A shiny Loop spinning batt with sequins (!)
* A skein of Paca-peds sock yarn that has contrasting heel-toe yarn included
* A skein of Fleece Artist merino sock yarn

But you see, the 'was good' entered that past tense while I was still at the festival.

100_5217.JPG

This is the Meriln Tree Hitchhiker, a spinning wheel that weighs 9 pounds and is bicycle portable. I blame Queerjoe for suggesting to me on Ravelry that my spinning would speed up if I perhaps was not restrained by one wheel. With that evil seed planted, I figured if I could take my wheel to various knitting circles or even used it on my lunch break, my productivity would go up dramatically.

Oh well, time to start saving coins again for next May!

In the meantime, check out Mindy's slideshow.

9 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Aw, crap! I didn't know you were there, and I missed you! :(

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Does it count if I was thinking of you as I was fondling Rosie's Koigu mill ends before we left?????

Rest assured I did NOT go to the Rav meet up. Blech. ;-)

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger aija said...

Oh, sweet new wheel!! I love seeing the hitchhikers all dressed up, they are so unique :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Mariss said...

I can't wait to see the wool (and especially the sequined roving) in action! Great loot, my dear.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I looked for you... does that count?

Want to get our wheels together for a play date? I want my own Hitchhiker, but it's going to have to wait for a bit.

 
At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know whose fiber stash I can pilfer. And I've been thinking of another wheel. it took a minute to realize the hand was there on purpose lol. Have fun at it! Ditto with marissa, that is great loot.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful yarn... but a portable wheel really is a great idea. Enjoy!

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better... there were a number of people I just looked at blankly that day and thought 'damn.. i KNOW that I know this person but hell if I can remember their name right now!' I was operating on minimal sleep and not nearly enough caffiene! Atleast that's my story and I"m sticking to it!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I love my little hitchhiker - hope yours is working out for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home