Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sack of Money

It's May Day! While for some that hails in Spring, maypole dances and longer days of sunlight, For me it means this:



The annual pre-Maryland sheep and wool coins to cash day!

I know I'm not the only knitter who spends a night emptying out jars and digging through sofas, then schleps 50 pounds of change to the free Citizen's bank coinstar counter.

The whole time I'm thinking, is there enough change for fancy sock yarn? A sweater's worth of worsted? A spinning wheel? The sweet, sweet jingle of coins rattle with possibility. Even if you already have been saving all year for Wool Gluttony Weekend and your GW Bush Bribery bonus is in your pocket, how can you resist what more or less amounts to found yarn money?

TOTAL THIS YEAR: $166.59 - wooot!

7 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Rock on! Look for my spirit there!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Checking my couch now! Somehow I don't think that my haul will be as impressive :(

Sheepie Wool!!!Yeah!!!!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, wild! Good for you! Have fun!

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert beat me to it! Just for that I'm heading to my local WaWa ATM! I hear cashmere laceweight calling my name!

Regina

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Have fun, I wish I could go.

 
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Cheapsocceruniforms said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home